S. Aslam, M. Gondal, T. Tahira, Zille Huma, M. Mumtaz, M. Zahir, T. Laique
Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences




Peer Reviewed

Previous Published Issues


Varied Clinical Presentations of COVID-19 in Pregnant Women in Tertiary Care Hospital of Lahore-Pakistan

S. Aslam, M. Gondal, T. Tahira, Zille Huma, M. Mumtaz, M. Zahir, T. Laique



1266



ABSTRACT

Background: The whole world is facing one of the biggest health related disasters of the century. As a novel disease, Covid-19 has so many parameters yet to explore.

Aim: To explore varied pattern of clinical presentation of COVID-19 in obstetric population in tertiary care hospital.

Study design: Cross-sectional study.

Methodology: This study with enrolled pregnant females (n=36) was carried out after ethical review committee’s (ERC) approval at Department of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Lahore-Pakistan over a period of 3 months in 2020. Data was analyzed by SPSS software, version-20. Presenting symptoms of subjects were presented as frequency and percentage.

Results: Total 36 patients were selected. Twenty four (66.66%) patients were symptomatic while the rest 12 (33.33%) patients were asymptomatic.

Conclusion: We concluded that clinical presentation of COVID-19 pregnant patients is similar as in rest of the world and it is also same as in general population.

Keywords: Covid-19, Pregnant Patients and Clinical Presentation.



Copyright © Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences 2021. All rights reserved!